Search squid archive

Re: invalid request

On 31/10/2013 4:17 a.m., Cheikhou Dramé wrote:
Hi everybody ,

I'm a newbie in squid .I have many "clientProcessRequest: Invalid request" errors in my cache.log file . Is there a way to identify the client which sending those requests ? my transparent squid server is running on centos 6.4.

It means the bytes received by Squid do not parse as an HTTP request. Squid only supports HTTP 0.9 / 1.0 / 1.1 protocol as input, with a few other port-80 protocols which use HTTP syntax such as ICY streaming media. Or in specific builds of Squid HTTPS port 443 traffic.

You can enable debug_options 33,5 to get some more details about what the parser found. Usually a lot of them means your network is filled with software abusing port 80, or the proxy is otherwise listening on a port which is in active use by non-HTTP protocols.

Amos