Search squid archive

Re: Re: question in "cpu_affinity_map" directive

On 27/10/2013 7:53 p.m., Ahmad wrote:
well , but again , why  we cant use core 0 in mapping ?

IIRC, 0 has some special meaning on the interface we use with the kernel or how Squid handles whether to set the affinity for that process. It is also best to reserve one CPU core for kernel and other uses, so leaving 0 out is quite convenient design to resolve both these with one limit.

Amos