Search squid archive

Re: Subdirectory in reverse proxy

On 10/25/2013 7:32 am, Martin Rieß wrote:
Hi everyone.

I’m trying to set up squid3 on pfSense to work as reverse proxy.
I plan to have several servers behind squid/pfsense and I want to set up the
reverse proxy the following way:

http://FQDN/owa --> http://ms-server/owa
http://FQDN/webshop -> http://ubuntu-server/webshop
http://FQDN/website -> http://ubuntu-server/

Can someone please tell me how to set the different routes to the
subdirectories, either in the pfsense webinterface or directly in
squid.conf?
I know that with owa I will have to deal with https and other details, but
first I have to solve the topic of these subdirectories.

Thank you in advance,

Martin

You are needing to look for "url_rewrite_program", and several related directives within squid, not sure if they have added that into the current pfSense package or not. It could of course be manually done, but I would search for rewrite on the web configuration to see if it has been added, as it would make sense for a firewall product setup with reverse proxy support to include that feature. The only pfSense systems I have are running on Alix boards, which lack the memory and CPU power to handle Squid so I haven't tested out the Squid package, on it myself.

--
Thanks,
   Dean E. Weimer