Search squid archive

Re: squid & squid3 running at the same time ! , can we get benefit ?

Hi Ahmad,

Please see replies to your question inlined:

On 10/22/2013 11:29 AM, Ahmad wrote:
hi all ,
actually im asking about squid & squid 3 that are running at the same time
under ubuntu or debian OS,

my question is ,

can we get benefit from doing this ???
I don't think so? Is there any squid v.2 feature that you lack in squid v.3?

can we get benefit of multi cpu cores  of squid by this method without using
SMP ??
No, you don't. It's better to run number of squid 3 workers for SMP configurations.

if no ,

what is the benefit of using both of them at same time ??
There's no benefit. If you have nothing that require squid2, use squid3.

regards

-----
Dr.x