Search squid archive

Re: configuring acl for blocking (URLs and IPs/Subnets)

On 15/10/2013 4:59 p.m., Sachin Gupta wrote:
Hi All,

I have setup a list of URLs  and IPs dumped into a file which need to
be blocked.
acl is setup as per documentation:

??

However, upon testing, the IPs are not getting blocked. Also there are
some subnets in the same file. Those are also not getting blocked.

Is there a special handling required here? or this approach is
incorrect for blocking IPs or subnets?

Based on the description I guess you have one file witha mix of things to block on.
You need the file to be separated into different sets of properties.

For example:
 * one list of IPs
 * one list of domains
 * one list of full-URL regex patterns
 * one list of path-only regex patterns

Each set needs to be configured as a different ACL name and type defining what property of the transation is to be tested against the values listed in that set. Then the http_access controls designed to test the ACLs and determine whetherit gets allowed/denied when the ACL matches.

More details can be found at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl.

Amos