Search squid archive

Re: Disable DLS compression in squid reverse proxy on Ubuntu

On 15/10/2013 2:19 p.m., PSA4444 wrote:
I am trying to disable TLS compression in squid 3.2 running in reverse proxy
mode.
It's running on Ubuntu 12.04.

root@ip-10-0-0-xx:~# openssl s_client -connect localhost:443
Compression: zlib compression
Expansion: zlib compression
     Compression: 1 (zlib compression)

As opposed to:

Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE

#This is my https port setup:
https_port 443 accel cert=/path/to/cert.cert key=/path/to/key.pem vhost
defaultsite=www.mysite.com
cipher=ALL:!aNULL:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:!ADH:!RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!SSLv2

#And I have tried the no_comp ssl flag.  (We need the DONT_VERIFY_PEER for
now):
sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER no_comp

The flags has case-sensitive naming:

   No_Compression

Has the situation changed since this:
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201210/0166.html

?

Yes things have changed since then. Sebastien identified the OpenSSL flag to disable TLS compression and it has been supported since 3.2.7 release.

Has anyone else managed to disable tls compression in Ubuntu 12.04?

Check your Squid version number (squid -v) and OpenSSL library version capabilities. The flag is only confirmed working in OpenSSL versions released after CRIME/BEAST attacks were identified.

Amos