Search squid archive

Re: Low performance even with low number of users

On 11/10/2013 4:00 a.m., Luiz Felipe wrote:
Hi,

I have a "curious" case of low performance with Squid.

The symptom is that every request take at least +/- 7 seconds. Even
when there is a small number of clients.

The browser keeps waiting and when it load, it loads fast.

If I allow the client to access the web without proxy, it access
really fast. So, there's no bandwidth problems - and in fact it loads
fast after the "freeze" period. (with the same DNS, by the way).
<snip>
The hardware is enough for the demand - but maybe the settings are wrong.
Version 2.6.STABLE21 (CentOS)

Any hints?

I susect HTTP/1.1 Expect: feature. That feature is being used by more and more services around the Internet as HTTP/1.1 support improves in the middleware like Squid.

Please try an upgrade to the current supported stable Squid (3.3.9 as of today) and see if you problem simply disappears.

Amos