Search squid archive

Removing overlapping subdomains from blacklists

Hi

Can someone please help me work out an algorithm to remove overlapping subdomains from a blackclist such as shallalist to prevent errors such as:

 ERROR: 'interracialcandy.tumblr.com' is a subdomain of '.tumblr.com'
2013/08/21 17:18:41| ERROR: because of this '.tumblr.com' is ignored to keep splay tree searching predictable 2013/08/21 17:18:41| ERROR: You should remove 'interracialcandy.tumblr.com' from the ACL named 'ProhibitedSitesDomains'

The problem is that TLDs like .com or .net are easy but some domains have two 'tlds' such as .co.uk (yes I know strictly thats not a tld but you know what i mean!) and there are so many different country domains some with two levels and the possibility of more in the future how can I make it future proof?

Im sure Im not the only one to tear my hair out on this but I cant find a solution anywhere. Perhaps we can calaborate on here to produce a Perl or Python script which anyone can use?

Thanks
Andrew