Search squid archive

request_header_access & request_header_replace

Hi everyone,

I'm running an ICAP client that can't read sdch content encodings so I want to strip those headers out. (I realize this is mostly an edge case anyway, but never mind that for now).

I have these rules to strip out the Accept-Encoding header if it contains sdch.

acl sdch req_header Accept-Encoding [-i] sdch

request_header_access Accept-Encoding deny sdch

What is the relationship between request_header_access and request_header_replace?

If I want to strip sdch and allow gzip, would the following ruleset accomplish this?

acl sdch req_header Accept-Encoding [-i] sdch

request_header_access Accept-Encoding deny sdch

request_header_replace Accept-Encoding Accept-Encoding: gzip

Does the request_header_replace only fire if request_header_access actually matched?

Thanks,

Dave