Search squid archive

Re: Compiling squid-3.3.5 with SSL on RedHat EL 6

On 29/06/2013 4:03 a.m., Peter H. Lemieux wrote:
In May, Eliezer seemed to indicate that using CentOS 6.4 would be sufficient to build squid with the --enable-ssl-crtd extension without needing to patch the source code.

The above is known issue with RHEL 6.3 and CentOS 6.3. This issue
requires you to either install some custom openssl libs and headers
or upgrade to 6.4(which is much more reasonable to me) and use the
fixed openssl in 6.4.

I installed a clean version of CentOS 6.4 in a VM, added the "Development Tools" packages and all the openssl packages including, of course, openssl-devel. I still get same errors Chris Ross reports below when trying to compile 3.3.5.

Is it really still not possible to compile 3.3.5 with --enable-ssl-crtd on a RedHat or CentOS platform without having to patch the source code? I had hoped that upgrading to 6.4 would solve this problem, but that does not seem to be the case.

Yes that is the case. We have now built a lot of workarounds and extra tests for things into ./configure, but that particular issue is still unfixed.

This thread got rather lengthy and convoluted before which made it hard for me to see exactly what the solution might be. If there is a patch required to resolve this problem, could you please repost it again in response to this message?

We do not have one yet.
Maybe a "(const _STACK*)" casting the "data" parameters being complained about? or maybe one of the STACK_OF macros OpenSSL like to use.

Amos