Search squid archive

Squid 3.3.5 not writing session.db, only on reconfigure/shutdown

Hi,

I've been struggling to get a Splash page going. Actually, the issue is not
getting a redirect to page the working. It's escaping from the redirection
loop. After quite a bit of searching I narrowed it down to the session.db
file not being written.

A db_dump shows no contents until I either force reconfigure or shutdown.
This excludes permission issues. I've also checked that a forced fs sync
(using the sync binary) does not cause the contents to be written, so it
seems that Squid itself is holding the contents. I looked thru the configure
options, but don't see anything that might influence this.

OS:	Ubuntu 13.04 Desktop
Squid:	3.3.5
Config:	./configure --with-logdir=/var/log/squid3 --prefix=/usr/local/squid
--sysconfdir=/etc/squid3 --enable-ssl --enable-ssl-crtd

The Squid session bit:

external_acl_type splash_page ttl=60 concurrency=100 %SRC
/usr/local/squid/libexec/ext_session_acl -t 7200 -b
/usr/local/squid/lib/session.db

Everything works as expected when I force the write, so the rest of the
config seems to work OK.

Suggestions on what the issue might be as most welcome!

Tx for reading
Bas