Search squid archive

Re: Re: Heap Policy

On 23/05/2013 12:10 a.m., RW wrote:
On Mon, 13 May 2013 12:47:31 +0500
Farooq Bhatti wrote:

Hi Amos,

I got it; the problem is bug in squid. As it is required to  define
the policy before cache_dir in squid.conf.
IMO it's a feature rather than a bug.

Er, uhm, yes I'll go with that one. ;-)

If you take a look at the output of squidclient mgr:storedir you
posted, you'll see that the policy is a property of the "store
directory" not a global setting. Each cache_dir line uses the most
recently defined policy, or the default of lru.

I think it might be a good idea to warn about cache_replacement_policy
lines that don't affect a cache. Ideally the policy would have been a
cache_dir parameter.

Sounds like a great idea.

I've spent a little time trying to figure out how to make it even warn if the policy is changed after one cache_dir is configured. It is quite difficult bordering on impossible in teh current code. So making it a parameter of cache_dir and deprecating the global directive is probably the easist way to go forward.
  Anyone interested in making a patch?

Amos