Search squid archive

Re: Compiling squid-3.3.5 with SSL on RedHat EL 6

On 5/21/2013 6:10 PM, Chris Ross wrote:

On May 21, 2013, at 10:28 , Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
The above is known issue with RHEL 6.3 and CentOS 6.3.
This issue requires you to either install some custom openssl libs and headers or upgrade to 6.4(which is much more reasonable to me) and use the fixed openssl in 6.4.

   Our systems team tells me that my build host already has the latest openssl and openssl-devel packages.  I see it has:

openssl-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64
openssl-devel-1.0.0-27.el6_4.2.x86_64

   They say that the packages on the system have been updated to ones from 6.4.  I'm not 100% sure, and they acknowledge that the system still _identifies_ itself as 6.3, but that it's basically a 6.4 system.

   Do you have any information about what red hat errata or bug number is associated with the change they made to the shipped openssl-devel in 6.4?  Or, the version numbers of the package(s) that are known to work?

   Thanks much…

                            - Chris

Then there is another issue.
we can compare what packages we have installed and find out what are are missing.
in squid wiki it states:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS

in the spec file I have there is a list of required libs and packages and these are:
yum groupinstall "Development Tools"
yum install openldap-devel pam-devel openssl-devel krb5-devel db4-devel expat-devel libxml2-devel libcap-devel libtool libtool-ltdl-devel

try to install all of them and see if there is something missing.
it should be one of the above.
I am using the same ssl packages you are using with squid from trunk and stable 3.3.5 so it should work on yours.

Eliezer