Search squid archive

Re: Re: ssd hardsik to the operation system , does it make difference ?

On 13/05/2013 5:26 a.m., Ahmad wrote:
well  thanks alot ,
i think that experience is more believable than theoretical .

from my experience
i tried reiserfs  instead of ext4  but i found that performace was bad .

dont know why , i read alot about reiserfs and its better in caching , dont
know if it was a  problem of mounting  or hardsiks  or filesystem

so  , i returned to ext4 filesystem .

I've tried both and found them much the same once things like journaling are disabled. This is a cache remember, you get better performance out of simply dropping corrupted content quickly and re-fetching. A backend FS which simply marks bad sectors and does repairs async in the background instead of trying to recover data will work better for Squid. File timestamp tracking like atime, mtime etc are also useless. Squid only regards the HTTP timestamps from inside the cached objects, not the file times.

but about ssd , im just asking you before i buy the hardsisks :)

mmmmmmmmm   u r not encouraging me to buy them !!!

any another opinions ??

See my other post. They can gain you a few extra % of speed, but at a cost of both money and occasional outages.

Amos