Search squid archive

Re: Disconnecting client per username?

On 25/04/2013 7:12 p.m., Wojciech Kubiak wrote:
On 2013-04-23 13:34, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 23/04/2013 9:44 p.m., Wojciech Kubiak wrote:
Hi

Is there any possibility to disconnect/kick/force reconnect a given squid user's session by his user name, other than simply restarting squid?

I can't use the client's IP address to do this, because the connection between the client and the proxy server is running through a SSH tunnel.

The only way to kick an existing connection is to identify the IP:port and use TCP control tools to force the connection to die.

The cachemanager system has access to a list of active client connections. So it should be relatively easy to add a manager action that locates and kills a client connectivity.
Patches to implement this addition to cachemgr are welcome in squid-dev.

Amos

Is there any possibility to disconnect/kick/force reconnect a given squid user's session by his user name, other than simply restarting squid?

I can't use the client's IP address to do this, because the connection between the client and the proxy server is running through a SSH tunnel.

The only way to kick an existing connection is to identify the IP:port and use TCP control tools to force the connection to die.

The cachemanager system has access to a list of active client connections. So it should be relatively easy to add a manager action that locates and kills a client connectivity.
Patches to implement this addition to cachemgr are welcome in squid-dev.

Amos

Thanks for your reply Amos.

I wrote in my original message that I can't use IP:port for kicking because all clients connect to the proxy via a SSH tunnel. Because of this, all clients appear as coming from localhost in the logs and cachemanager.

Or am I misinterpreting something?

Sort of. The cachemgr "active_clients" report gives a lot of details about the client. You can scan it for clients with the username you are searching for, and find from that the particular IP:port you will need to do TCP level things to that connection. The IP may all be ocalhost, but each client connection should will have a different port number.

Amos