Search squid archive

Re: Re: high memory usage (squid 3.2.0)

Il 10/04/2013 10:20, Ralf Hildebrandt ha scritto:
* M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2013, Mr Dash Four wrote:

The system is atom-based machine with 2GB memory. Even though squid
starts OK at first, it gradually baloons and the current memory
usage (according to ps) is:

Older versions of squid 3 do have some known memory leaks which might
be your problem here, so I suggest you upgrade to a current version
of squid such as 3.3.3 or 3.2.9.

Amen to that. It got A LOT better.

FWIW, my squid 3.1.6 memory usage started to grow indefinitely when I set cache_mem to 1024 MB (however it works well with the default value of 256 MB, which is fine for my current needs).

--
Marcello Romani