Search squid archive

Re: high memory usage (squid 3.2.0)

Squidblacklist wrote:
Well you can have max cachemem object set to 512k, but only if you give
it something reasonable like, 2GB of ram or more, as opposed to the
200mb it currently has. Because with it set to 512k its filling your
ram up very quickly with large objects, if you insist on only allowing
200mb ram for squid, then yes, I would reduce it to 64k or increase the
cache mem from 200mb to something like 1GB since you have 2GB in that
box and clearly have some more ram to feed it.
I see. The previous cache_mem setting used to be 1GB, but I reduced it since squid's own memory usage was getting, again, over 1.3GB (at which point, all other applications suffer as there is no room for anything else!), so, clearly, if the maximum_object_size_in_memory is reduced, then I suppose squid's memory footprint will have to go down too, which makes the cache_mem option a bit useless.