Search squid archive

Re: Eliminate PopUP authentication for web Windows Users

basic authentication type will always prompt for username/password, there's nothing wrong with it and no way to avoid it nor 'fix' it as there's nothing wrong at all

if your users are authenticated in your domain and you want squid do 'automagically' use those credentials for web surfing, then you'll have to change your authentication type to ntlm or digest or negotiate.

i have LOTS of squid boxes authenticanting on ADs using ntlm authentication type. It's a lot more complicated to configure than basic type but, once configured, it works just fine and simply.