Search squid archive

Re: privoxy

On Mar 19, 2013, at 7:12 AM, Alexandre Chappaz wrote:

> anyone ever used privoxy (http://www.privoxy.org/ ) in combination
> with squid? Is it any good performancewise?

I did, with Firefox' adblock on top of the two. I haven't seen a nasty web ad in years. And I quit using squid because I didn't need the huge cache it was building (I'm the only one on this system, and I didn't think the caching was worth the disk space). For just ad blocking, though, privoxy is a marvel -- it's the only ad filter on my iPad.

I never noticed any difference in speed with just squid, just privoxy, or with both of them in serial.

--
Glenn English