Search squid archive

Re: Squid 3.3.3 is available

Brett Lymn wrote:
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 01:23:40PM +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:

CFLAGS="-m32"
export CFLAGS

I guess this works around the ELFCLASS32 problem but it does have the
side effect of limiting the amount of memory squid can use, no?

This is a something left from some old days, trying to compile with SunStudio... Yes, limits the amount of memory available to squid but at our domain (~ 2000 users, with DNS load balancing on two squids) it's more than enough.

This krb5 headers is where the #pragma are usually seen.

FYI: The well-known #pragma issue is in the C-only code of the headers
which is not wrapped properly in at least a few of the Solaris krb5
packages. It _should_ just be a matter of patching the krb5.h header
with the patch bundled with Squid (in contrib/solaris/), or using the
latest Solaris update patches. Although the last person to try and
verify whether Solaris had fixed it yet (Helmet) had a few other krb5
errors come up and complicate things. We are still looking/waiting for
that confirmation.
   Anyone else able to assist with clarifying that situation?

We run squid on a "pre Oracle" version of Solaris... so, unpatched. And we don't need Kerberos. I'll take a look at the contrib/solaris patch. Can try on both this old Solaris and OpenIndiana.

A quick trawl of the oracle patches turns up kernel patch 120011-14 as
having the kerberos header files in it.  My workstation has that patch
applied but I still see the pragma error so it appears Oracle have not
fixed this.

--disable-devpoll

/dev/poll should be working again now as part of all these fixes.

Yes, I can at least confirm that is fixed.

Thanks for the info.