Search squid archive

Re: Squid with external auth problems

Hi.

On 13.03.2013 23:46, husam.shabeeb wrote:
  I will give u the best solution for your case I hope it will help you
Don't use squid for authentication use Mikrotik pope or hotspot , also you
can use radius server + Mikrotik and let the squid handle the cache and web
filtering .

Zomg, hillarious. I use squid in a large corporate network for 13 years now, with Active Directory and lots of various stuff. Don't use necrotik where you're supposed to use squid, because necrotik it's Arm/Mips-based, it's not powerful by design, it's not scalable, it's soho. Use squid. It's scalable, customizable, very good supported and it's a clear and a reliable solution. Even large vendors like Cisco and IronPort use squid in their equipment.

I'll tell you even more: don't use necrotik at all.

Eugene.