Search squid archive

Re: About bottlenecks (Max number of connections, etc.)

On 02/23/2013 09:10 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> But once you are reaching the above types of limit there is no magic
> setting that can gain big %-points more speed.

Actually, there is: "workers N" :-). I have seen SMP Squid handling
about Gbit of traffic while doing authentication, URL rewriting, and
ICAP. It just takes a few workers and a few more CPU cores... While SMP
is not a solution to every problem and does have serious limitations in
some environments, it is a very good performance booster in many situations.

HTH,

Alex.