Search squid archive

Re: Reverse Proxy Funny Logging Issue

On 23/01/2013 5:34 a.m., dweimer wrote:
I just upgraded my reverse proxy server last night from 3.1.20 to 3.2.6, all is working well except one of my log rules, and I can't figure out why.

Please run "squid -k parse" and resolve the WARNING or ERROR which are listed.

There are two possible reasons...

I have a several sites behind the server, with dstdomain access rules setup.

acl website1 dstdomain www.website1.com
acl website2 dstdomain www.website2.com
acl website2 dstdomain www.website3.com

Possible reason #1 (assuming thi is an accurate copy-n-paste from yoru config file)..... you have no website3 ACL definition?

Followed by the access rules

http_access allow website1
http_access allow website2
http_access allow website3
http_access deny all

Some are using rewrites
url_rewrite_program /usr/local/etc/squid/url_rewrite.py
url_rewrite_children 20
url_rewrite_access allow website1
url_rewrite_access allow website3
url_rewrite_access deny all

Then my access logs

# First I grab everything in one
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid all

# Then individual logs for each webiste, to be parsed with webalizer
logformat combined %>a %ui %un [%tl] "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %>Hs %<st "%{Referer}>h" "%{User-Agent}>h" %Ss:%Sh

Possible problem #2. "combined" is now a built-in format name beginning with 3.2 series. * If you want the Apache format, please remove this line and use the built-in formater.
 * If you want your own alterations to the format, please use another name.

access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website1.log combined website1
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website2.log combined website2
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website3.log combined website3

everything works, write down to one of the access logs, the data shows up in the access.log file, the data shows up in the individual logs for all the others, except that one. If we use website3 from the above example like my actual file the access rule works on the url_rewrite_access allow line, but for some reason is failing on the log line. squid -k parse doesn't show any errors, and shows a Processing: access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website3.log combined website3 line in the output.

The log in question was originally at the end of my access_log list section, so I changed the order around to see if for some reason it was only the last one not working, no change still only that one not working, And the new last one in the list still works as expected.

I know the ACL is working as it works correctly on the rewrite rule and the http access just above the log rules, anyone have any ideas on how I can figure out why the log entry isn't working?

Is the domain name in question being rewritten by the helper? That would cause it to be acepted in http_access then url_rewrite_access, then different for logging.

Amos