Search squid archive

Re: Squid 3.2.6 is available

On 11/01/2013 2:36 a.m., Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Hi Amos and others,

On 10/01/13 09:57, Amos Jeffries wrote:
The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
of the Squid-3.2.6 release!

<snip>

Will Developers, maintainers and announcers please only send new software announcements to the squid-announce mailing list!

No, sorry. squid-announce is for those who want ONLY these announcements. squid-users is for general community notification. The two groups of people do not necessarily overlap. We publish here, in the website and in several places on IRC.

squid-users is also the only avenue allowing public feedback on the initial posting. As you can see from this thread your feedback, and several others with what they deem important information about the release are published here in squid-users.

Including both the squid announce and squid-users email address in the To: field does not currently work as the email is never delivered to squid-announce i.e. no email has been received with a subject that starts with [squid-announce].

This does sound like a problem. I'm testing now to see where it is happening. If you get either of the Test1/Test2 messages I just posted through squid-announce please let me know.

In addition anyone who requires to know when the next release is issued can subscribe to the squid-announce list here: