Search squid archive

clients that generates LOTS of requests per second

    Hi,

Ihave some squid servers running on some companies and, from time to time, i face some clientwith some bad software thatgenerates LOTS of requests per second. And by a LOT i mean, sometimes, 90-100 RPS by a single client. That usually happens on requests that are DENIED, so they are processed quickly by squid.

I was initially thinking of some kind of control on these, but hey, requests are already being denied, there's nothing else i could do based on deny/allow.

So i was thinking of some kind of delay_pool but based on the number of requests per second. The idea was when a client (IP address) reached N numbers per second, squid would introduce some random (or fixed) delay on the replies, thus making the client slow down the number of requests a little.

I'm pretty sure that this kind of configuration cannot be acchieved using only normal squid parameters, but maybe there's some scriptthat can be used with external_acl that can help me with these situations.

Do you ever faced a situation like this ? If yes, what did you do ?

Thanks for any advice !

Just in case, i'm running 2.7S9 but can upgradeto latest with no problem to acchieve these controls.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx