Search squid archive

general question

Hi List,

i’m using squid proxy and i’m satisfied with it ☺
At work a discussion has started to use a FortiGate 200C as proxy and detaching squid.
I not sure what a FortiGate is able to do, but I hope squid does it better ;)

Can somebody give me some argumentation to put squid in a better light?
Maybe I can use some squid performance data?
I claim that caching is surely no topic, isn’t it?

Maybe I can use the FortiGate for AV or blocking Websites and squid “only” for caching websites.

Thanks for any information.

--
Marcel