Search squid archive

How to make Allow/Deny Rules process faster ...

Hello,

We have Squid version 3.1.19 running on our network and everything works OK
but we have noticed that rules set up to allow and deny access tend to be a
little slow.

So, if an application that we have set to be allowed on our network runs it
takes a while for it to connect becaue Squid is processing a rule for the
port for that application. Once Squid allows the application to connect (via
the "CONNECT" method) then everything works fine but it takes a long time
(30-60 seconds) for the rule allowing that application to connect to apply.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Christopher Koeber