Search squid archive

Re: Include directive in 2.6?

On 24.07.2012 14:19, Baird, Josh wrote:
Hi,

Can someone confirm if the "include" directive is supported in 2.6?
I'm running squid-2.6.STABLE21-6.el5, and have "include
/etc/squid/conf.d/*.conf" in my squid.conf.  No errors are reported,
but the configuration files do not seem to actually be included.

Thanks,

Josh

Not officially. But it was added during the 2.7 series beta cycle, so its quite possible RHEL patched their 2.6 package to ignore it or possibly support the early version of it. NP: The initial releases did not support wildcard patterns, just absolute file paths, and did not warn very loudly when an include file failed to open.

PS, Please upgrade. There are newer RHEL packages available that at least get you onto 2.7 series:
  http://people.redhat.com/jskala/squid/
(I wont advise 3.0 or 3.1 at this point as 3.0 is deprecated and the 3.1 package very outdated - but if you need 3.x features its up to you)

Amos