Search squid archive

Re: Squid 3.2.0.14 using 100% cpu and not responding

On 07/09/2012 02:18 AM, Alan wrote:
A quick search suggest that you are using some kernel security crap, I
don't know much about it but try this:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
Or simply start squid from gdb instead of attaching to the existing process.

Alan,

I believe I stumbled across that earlier, unfortunately that key doesn't exist on my system. I am able to strace/gdb right now when my squid isn't stuck, so I've attached via gdb and then left it running in screen. Hopefully next time it breaks I'll be able to get back in and grab a useful stack.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--Will