Search squid archive

Re: Re: transparent (intercepting?) without wccp, options?

On 7/07/2012 2:42 a.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
On 7/6/2012 5:16 AM, Ezequiel Birman wrote:
"Eliezer" == Eliezer Croitoru writes:

     > On 7/5/2012 4:48 AM, Ezequiel Birman wrote:
<SNIP>
     > dont worry!  i dont know anyone that masters linux and got it all
     > from books he didnt bout :)

XD I meant, of course, the two squid books, Begginer's Guide and
advanced. Anyway, if i get this right maybe I'll write a tutorial
myself.

it's nice to read these books but most of what you need to know is just out there waiting for you to read.

Pretty much. The squid wiki is a digital conversion of the definitive guide which has been kept more up to date (but not yet perfect, help wanted). The beginners guide is a compilation built on the wiki and other tutorials.

<snip>

#i use conntrack to flush the old sessions so all the new ones will be redirected to squid.
conntrack -F

This need to be noted as quite dangerous. It will force all existing connections into the NEW state and pass them through Squid *immediately*. Which will result in Squid rejecting all the invalid half-completed HTTP transactions. New connections will go through TPROXY and get conntrack records associated with it anyway, without need of a flush. Idle HTTP connections are the exception here. The next packet Squid sees is valid HTTP so they are not rejected.

#i have used a router so i needed to flush the routes cache
ip -s route flush cache
#end

ELiezer