Search squid archive

Re: TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT errors

On 30/06/2012 1:30 a.m., Bruno Santos wrote:
Hi all.

I've search in the internet and i've done some experiences with some solutions i found on the internet, but still no luck.

First hint: you are still using a *beta* release of Squid-3.1. That series has been in stable releases for over 2 years.

NP: I advise using no release older than 3.1.15. There are major security vulnerabilities in all older releases.

Second hint: that 503 status generated by Squid means no destination could be contacted. ie the TCP connection setup failed. "Error 111 (net::ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED): Unknown error." is Chrome "user-friendly" display the 503 failure status.

Guesses:
DNS resolution of AAAA and A records failed (no destination able to be found).
 TCP connection to some found IPv6 address(es) failed
 TCP connection to some found IPv4 address(es) failed

NP: the problem is very likely to be your IPv6 connectivity or some IPv6 issue in that 3.1 beta release. Google services are mostly IPv6-enabled and using HTTPS (via CONNECT) since earlier this month. Squid-3.1 will try very hard to connect using IPv6 whenever possible.

Amos