Search squid archive

Re: acl forbidden_domains dstdom_regex "file.txt" with huge file fails

On 19.06.12 18:52, Stefan Bauer wrote:
with a 30 MB file. Squid is instantly terminating if this acl-stanza is set active. Where can and do we have to tune squid settings to achive this?

terminating with what reason? I would not wonder if all the regexed would not fit into the memory. Note that using bunch of regexes slows squid down very much - it has to compare tons of regexps for
every request.

We're aware of third-party software like squidguard for this task - we only want to use additional software if everything else fails :)

well, now squid failed...

ufdbGuard is much faster than squidguard with regular expressions since it optimises a set of regular expressions into one regular expression.
The regex man page says there is no limit to a regular expression other than limits imposes by hardware or the kernel.

Marcus