Search squid archive

Re: https traffic via cache peer with SSL termination enabled on downstream proxy

On 12/06/2012 7:33 p.m., nipun_mlist Assam wrote:
Thanks Eliezer/Amos for the hints.

But I have some concerns here with SSLBUMP.
Without proxy forwarding,  SSL from client is terminated on squid and
then squid does SSL with the orgin server.

But when squid (with SSLBUMP enabled) connects internet via upstream
proxy, it behaves different way. SSL is terminated on downstream proxy
as usual. But the traffic flow between squid and the usptream becomes
non-encrypted (we are not enabling SSL for parent cache_peer as we
want traffic to be encrypted between downstream and upstream only for
HTTPS). User won't care if http traffic between upstream and
downstream goes unencrypted, but he will be concerned if even for
HTTPs traffic goes unencrypted between upstream and downstream.

Squid 3.1.11 which you said you were using does not support ssl-bump. Please update to 3.1.20.

Amos