Search squid archive

Re: Some Websites not loading correctly

On 11.06.2012 02:11, Florian Bannasch wrote:
Hello,

my latest configuration of squid is running fine, but i have problems
with some websites e.g.:

http://route.tomtom.com Here the map ist not displayed.
http://www.logitech.com/de-de/keyboards/keyboard-mice-combos This
website stops loading.

If I try it without squid both websites are displayed correctly.

Some ideas?

Squid 3.1 is IPv6-enabled. It will try to connect to AAAA addresses when available.

Both of these domains respond with a CNAME record when AAAA is looked up. But that CNAME points at a completely different domain with no IPv6 records. It is very likely the recursive resolver you are using is not recursing across the domain boundary and is instead sending Squid back a "successful" (CNAME available) response indicating the server has zero addresses to connect to.

You can see this is the ipcache manager report as the count of "CNAME-only responses".

Amos