Search squid archive

Custom error message woes

Hello,

I am implementing customized error messages based on this information:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/CustomErrors

I have some problems though:
1. Is there any way to find out the proxy server's ip address that
handled the request?
At the beginning I thought it was %I, but now I think this refers to
the http server, not the proxy server.  I am aware of %L, but I would
rather not use that.
2. The %o tag (message returned by external acl helper) is not
url-unescaped, so the error message reads: bla+bla+bla.

Best regards,

Alan