Search squid archive

Re: newbie question about large post requests

On 29.05.2012 07:47, Mahmoud Abdel-Fattah wrote:
Hello,

I'm totally new to squid and using it as a proxy for a scrapy (python
spider ). it works great with all get requests, but it doesn't work
with large post requests like the requests is generated by ASP.net in
the following site : http://www.e3050.com/

So, is there any configuration should I adjust to enable / enlarge
post requests ?

Maybe yes, Maybe no. The answer to this question depends on your definition of "doesn't work".

What kind of limitation did you configure to prevent POST working like they do out of the box?

We need to know specifics about what is going wrong...

* software version numbers.
-> check against the latest current release, if its old try with the current one(s).

* HTTP headers of the traffic between Squid and the spider if you can get them.
  -> what exactly is the spider trying to do? and how?
--> what does the site do? how is the spider reacting to the response?

Amos