Search squid archive

Re: obsolete directives (ftp_list_width, ignore_expect_100)

On 14.05.2012 10:35, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
Hi all squid gurus,

I'm testing Squid v3.2.0@Linux/i686 and still have some minor
uncertainties. These directives seems be obsolete (Squid wrote not
"Warning", but "Error":
2012/05/13 22:13:28| ERROR: Directive 'ftp_list_width' is obsolete.
2012/05/13 22:13:28| ERROR: Directive 'ignore_expect_100' is obsolete.
),
but documentation at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/
does not mention any replacement (I need at least "ignore_expect_100"
for one buggy application, and ability to set ftp listing width is
welcomed).
Know anyone which are proper replacements for this directives
in Squid v3.2.0?

There is no replacement. They are fully obsolete with 3.2.

WARNING is logged for directives which have been name-changed but still work.
ERROR is logged for directives which have been removed completely.

Please run "squid -k parse" or log at debug level ALL,1 to see the additional instructions for handling each directive.

And second question, are somewhere little better explained directives
for logging access to Squid?
(e.g. "logtype" directive has no description, and I not hit which
is default access log format (although it seems as it is what is at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/
called "logformat squid"))

TIA, Franta Hanzlik

?? that directive only existed in the sources for a few days in Sept 2007 and never made it into any release.

The logging is documented at:

 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs

 http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/LogModules
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/access_log/