Search squid archive

Re: FTP option ftp_epsv

On 09.05.2012 23:15, Nil Nik wrote:
I have configured browser (http and FTP option) to use squid proxy.
some FTP sites are opening with the help of browser but not
"ftp://ftp.uar.net/";

If i use "ftp_epsv off" then it works fine.
I am using squid-3.1.9.

What was the exact problem?
Please tell me consequences of "ftp_epsv off".
Does it will affect on some other settings?

Thanks in advance!!!

There are multiple Passive and Active modes for setting up the data connection in FTP.

EPSV command is one of them, and fairly new one, so it does not always work through older hardware with NAT hard-coded FTP fiddling. It should failover nicely to the old PASV or PORT modes but can hit a variety of bugs in Squid, the NAT, or FTP server.

The option prevents Squid offering that mode to the FTP server at all and bypasses any errors which may result from attempting it.

Amos