Search squid archive

Re: Problems whith Hotmail & attachements

On 25/04/2012 12:48 a.m., Jose A. Vidal wrote:
Hi all,

I have a transparent configuration of squid 2.6.STABLE21 without SquidGuardian
nor other addons.

Tried an upgrade? 2.7.STABLE9 at minimum, although even that is about to get deprecated now.

I have configured the iptables to redirect  tcp 80 to standard
Squid port and forwarded all other ports to reach destinations.

Everthing is fine:
1.-clients can open their hotmail/gmail accounts;
2.-clients can send mails;
3.-clients can send mails with attachements using gmail;
but
4.- clients can not send mails with attachements using hotmail.

I have googled to find a workaround or solution but have not found
anything:

This  is what I've found and applied without success:
#  hotmail
acl hotmail dstdomain .hotmail.com .passport.com .msn.com .passport.net .live.con
balance_on_multiple_ip off
header_access Accept-Encoding deny hotmail
always_direct allow hotmail

¿any ideas?

You describe what you did, but the symptom description leaves us wondering what the actual problem is.
What are the relevant HTTP traffic headers?

PS. I have seen identical behaviour from SquirrelMail installations which fail to handle POST requests from IPv6 clients due to bad X-Forwarded-For handling issues.

Amos