Search squid archive

Re: Metrics to calculate 'best' values for cache_mem and cache_dir?

On 28.03.2012 13:51, Linda W wrote:
Amos Jeffries wrote:

On 28.03.2012 08:37, babajaga wrote:
I've read (for Linux at least) aufs is superior to diskd,<

I have my doubts. First of all, it might depend upon the version of Squid
you want to use.
I use 2.7, and, looking at the source code for aufs, ony reads are async. Having some discussion with Amos already regarding this issue, he stated,
that async writes were not enabled because being "unstable".

----
????

Amos? writes are unstable on linux? Is this a squid specific problem?

I don't recall having mentioned I/O stability in relation to this behaviour. They are async on Linux and blocking on BSD.

Amos