Search squid archive

Re: maxconn bug ?

On 13.03.2012 06:03, FredB wrote:
Hi all,

Maxconn seems doesn't works with last squid 3.2.0.16

I'm trying

acl userslimit src 192.168.0.0/16
acl 3conn maxconn 3
http_access deny 3conn userslimit
client_db on

grep 192.168.80.194 /var/log/squid/access.log | grep 2012:17:48:43 | wc -l
10

And no ban
Maybe I misconfigured something ?

Duration and overlap of those connections matters. If they were all serviced in less than 100ms and closed it is possible they all took place one after another sequentially with no more than 1 open at a time.

maxconn allows up to 3 *simultaneous* connections. Opening three then closing one before opening a fourth is permitted. Only opening four at once is not permitted.

I have an another question about deny pages, when I block by
maxconn/port/acldst/etc my users get the same DENY page without
distinction, how can I customize the result (one page for dstdomain,
one page for maxconn, one page for ldap ident, etc)

You use deny_info to attach a custom output to the last ACL on the line. This output gets presented every time that ACL is last on a deny line.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/deny_info/

Amos