Search squid archive

No objects in cache when using http authentication

Hello,

I'm using squid as a reverse proxy to accelerate access to some remote site.

This site have HTTP authentication on top of application authentication to avoid spiders etc. I my case there is one general username/password to the site.

I have noticed that Squid don't save objects in cache when the site use http authentication.

Is it suppose to be like that?
If yes, are there is a way workaround it?

Other question, dose squid in reverse proxy configuration of ssl site will save objects in cache?

My configuration is Squid 2.6  as reverse proxy, cache_peer ... login=PASS

Regards,
Milutin Voinivich