Search squid archive

Re: Page seems to load for ever

On 27/02/2012 10:57 p.m., karj wrote:
Hi Amos,
Thanks for the answer.
The question is why is this causing a problem when the front page is more
than 65 KB.
Because I observe that still the Content-Length header and the actual size
differs.

My analysis was for the URL you supplied. Which is always over 200KB.

You did not supply any other URL to compare behaviour with.

Amos

Yiannis

-----Original Message-----
From: Amos Jeffries

On 24/02/2012 7:43 a.m., karj wrote:
The problem was
the html size of the first page (more than 65 KB)..
We don't have any size limits in squid.conf (my question still
remains)

Hope that this will help others...
You are right about the size being a problem.

The server at the site is sending a front page object which is larger by
about 100 bytes than the object size indicated by its Content-Length header.
Squid will at minimum be cutting off those extra bytes, and may be confusing
the browser if its waits for a full page to arrive (or a
timeout) before rendering it.

Amos