Search squid archive

Re: Squid as lb: can handle 503 answer from application server as faliure and retry next peer?

On 17/02/2012 12:51 p.m., Albert Petit wrote:
Hi,

We use squid as LB for HTTP Traffic (by defining cache-peers), It
works quite well when we have a connectivity failure between squid
and one of the application servers so then it will try next possible cache-peer

  However  we would like to handle following scenario:

If our application is not deployed on  application server (glassfish)
but the application server is started we receive 503 Service
unavailable answer from Application server to squid.  On that case we
would like our squid to try next possible peer.

   So, how can we achieve to switch to next possible peer if receive a
503 answer?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/retry_on_error/

Amos