Search squid archive

Re: "unset" or "remove" cookies on static content from the backend server

On 27/01/2012 2:32 p.m., Ralph Lawrence wrote:
Hi,

How do I remove all cookies on static content returned from the backend server?

This question has been asked before, but I wanted to make sure Squid
Reverse Proxy was not capable of doing this before I tried Varnish.
Since I've put a lot of time into Squid at this point.

Ref... http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg73428.html

Also... http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg76334.html

With Varnish, there's the "unset req.http.Cookie" command that can be
conditionally executed on regex matched URLs.

Squid can erase them in builk or replace the lot with a fixed value. What it cannot do those posters were tryign to do was get Squid to interpret them and selectively remove/adjust individual cookies.

To drop the whole header its simply:
  request_header_access Cookie deny all
  reply_header_access Set-Cookie deny all

We also added Set-Cookie2 and Cookie2 to the known headers that can be erased in 3.1.10 and later.

Amos