Search squid archive

MAC addresses as the only ACL restriction

Hello everyone, I have a question (and it may be a stupid one), but here goes. I use squid on my server for privacy reasons when I surf the web. I currently use IP addresses as my access restriction; only my home IP has access to my squid server. I was thinking of transitioning to MAC addresses for ACL purposes, so that I can use my proxy when I'm on the bus or at work. Are MAC addresses any less secure as an ACL restriction than IP addresses?

Thank you for your time!