Search squid archive

squid compilation option --disable-internal-dns

Hi,

As per document, i get that this option "--disable-internal-dns" is useful while we are talking for good performance in heavy load.

As per document :

        The number of processes spawn to service DNS name lookups.
	For heavily loaded caches on large servers, you should
	probably increase this value to at least 10.  The maximum
	is 32.  The default is 5.

	You must have at least one dnsserver process.

Last statement " You must have at least on dns server. So while compilation we need dns server running on OS because when i compiling this option with srpms. i m facing error with this [ dnsserver ].

And is there any other option is mandatory or any dependency in squid while using this option?

Regards,
Benjamin