Search squid archive

Re: Reverse proxy TCP_REFRESH_FAIL_HIT

On 25/11/2011 12:12 a.m., Anandha V wrote:
Hello Team,

We have configured reverse proxy as follows

Client-----Squid---origin server (expire header set for 7 days)

We get TCP_MISS  for first request

When refreshed in browser we are getting TCP_REFRESH_FAIL_HIT.instead
of TCP_HIT.

Can any one explain why this behaviour ?

Apache returned a fatal 5xx status or TCP disconnection when asked for revalidation of the object. For some reason Squid believes the object is permitted to be served if stale.

Stale responses are permitted by the HTTP/1.1 protocol under some circumstances like this.

Whether squid does not honour Expire set in Apache?

This is a reverse proxy. Squid is the "web server" in absence of Apache and can choose to send stale objects to the client.

You can use the tool at redbot.org to get info on cacheability about the URL in question.

Amos