Search squid archive

Re: Is squid-3.2 ready in production environment?

Le 17/11/2011 05:14, Kaiwang Chen a écrit :
Hi all,

It's more than one year since first RC version became available. Is it
still beta release, not ready for production environment yet?
I am eager to try SMP scaling workers, just not sure about current state.

Thanks,
Kaiwang

Of course I can't speak for squid team, but I had tested almost all the releases and I had reported a lot of bugs, and my English make their headache worse, since a long time now (Squid 2.7/3.0 and icap I think)

For me Squid 3.2/workers is almost ready for production with diskd and some patchs - not yet included in CVS version - But I have tested it with a heavy load and it still unstable by moment, and some minor bugs can be really annoying, like wrong DNS Error Message

My advice is to wait for heavy load, and why not otherwise