Search squid archive

Re: Erm, Need Make Install Command Syntax for Debian

someone <mrnicholsb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 2011-11-11 10:09:

> Im trying to Upgrade my squid install, I need to compile a newer version
> of squid 3.1 on a debian machine, but when I run Make Install, it puts
> everything in the wrong directories.
>
> Does anyone know the proper Make Install command for debian
> so everything goes into the proper directories?

For Debian you should always download the up-to-date source package files
for SID. Then you have all you need inside the ./debian directory -
already full configured.  Then try to compile it for your own Debian
system. Usually all paths are alright.

---
Have a nice day.

Joachim (Germany)